Is it Time to reactivate social skills through one-on-one interaction with a real person and not a screen?
Is it Time to learn stuff outside the home that is both safe and fun?
Is it Time to help strengthen your child’s listening skills and their ability to follow direction?
Is it Time to allow your child to paint, create, imagine, get messy, and engage all five senses with guided supervision?
Is it Time to have moments of kindness, loads of laughter and interactive story times?
Is it Time for you as the parent to have a little time to breathe, read a book, have an adult conversation, or listen to some music uninterrupted?
If it is Time for your child to have more than just Zoom Time, than come and experience Be Time. Space is extremely limited; we are currently only serving up to 3-7 children per session. All activities will be tailored to your child's specific learning needs, no matter the age. WE KNOW KIDS!
Registration is now open for this fall. BE TIMES are meant to supplement your virtual school adventure by coming to the Playseum for 90 (ninety) minutes out of your day. BE TIMES include educationally designed projects/activities under the days theme with 20 minutes of imaginative play and 15 minutes of story/reading time. There are four 90-minute BE TIMES in a day. The cost is $20 per child & $10 for siblings within similar age bracket. Drop off is an additional $15 fee per BE TIME. No refunds are given once email confirmation has been sent.
1-HR Toddler Times are held in the morning for ages 1-4. Children must be accompanied by an adult. These times are dedicated to story time, open play, and a simple activity focusings on ABC's, numbers, rhyming, shapes and colors. Bring your little one for some simple fun and interaction with a few other young children. You must register prior to the day. $18 for child and adult. Free if you have a membership. Registration is still required for members to reserve a your spot, due to spaces being limited.
$18 perchild, age 1-4, must be
accompanied by an adult
Members are free.
($20 per child, age 4-11,
Can be dropped off for additional fee
Members are $10/child
MAD SCIENCE MONDAYS
Every kid wants to do Mad Science and every parent wants to keep the mess out of the house so let us be the ones to make it with your child and deal with the clean-up. Science can be found all throughout the Playseum from a real pet shop that houses a variety of animals in various
habitats, a pretend doctor’s office, a real soap bar, science bar, art shop and even a real bake shop. Come with us on Mad Science Mondays for exploration, hypothesizing and inquiry. Curiosity will be aroused with every project.
· Optical illusions: use color concoctions
· Solid, liquid, gas… Bubbles, volcanoes, and ice experiments
· Weather, temperature, and air pressure
· Sound, singing glass, making noise and water xylophones
· Manipulating mediums… bouncy balls and scented putties
· Magnets are magnificent…What about gravity?
· Earth science… let us dig in the dirt, learn about soil, seeds and how things grow.
· Kitchen science with salt, lemons, and limes
Come travel with Ms. Gina through stories, puppets, activities, games, and basic conversation. Learn about the world we live in, the
culture we share, the languages we use and holidays that bring us together. Your child will be challenged to learn new words from other languages each BE TIME. Come with us on TRAVEL TUESDAYS where we will provoke individual thought, curiosity, and creativity.
On TRAVEL TUESDAYS your child will be proud to share with you his/her amazing handmade works of cultural, historical, or international art.
· Early American art forms: vegetable stamping,color dyes from fruits, corn husk toys and rock painting
· Innovations in transportation: paint an old-fashioned vehicle: plane, train, or boat
.· Recycled creations from history; make antique paper beads and floral salt art
· African influenced art: work with terracotta clay and design a clay imprint
· Asian spices: learn of spices, seasonings, their use and create with them
· Mexican influences: techniques of tile painting,tortilla making and Mexican Chocolate
· American patriotism: make homemade apple pie,American Flag art and more
.· Ancient Greek Civilization: make a water clock, learn and create Greek Art and Architecture
WACKY BATH WEDNESDAYS
For little ones, bath time can either be a whole lot of fun or a nightmare in the making, and for older children making their
own bath products are the bomb. Bath time will never be the same no matter what the age after creating wacky bath science with the Playseum. Use some simple concepts of chemistry and engage the senses as you create fun to keep yourself clean!
· Clean the hands and face: make your own decorative hand soap & sugar scrub sundaes
· Clean the body: create your own essential oil Epson salt art
· Be Safe: Design a mask, make a DNA kit
· Soft or hard skin: scabs, bruises, and bumps, create a colorful scented lotion
· Clean the teeth: make your own toothpaste, dental hygiene
· Germs: Good and bad bacteria… make your own hand sanitizer
· Soften the lips: make your own candy lip scrub & lip balm
One of the most essential lessons in life is to learn to be thoughtful. Come in on Thoughtful Thursdays and through game,
imaginative play and projects your child will be reminded to use the thoughtful basics throughout the BE TIME.
· In the Grocery Store: learn respect of property, excuse me’s, please and may I help you while playing grocery games
· In the Science shop: learn forgive me’s when things go wrong, and how to ask good questions
· In the art shop: talk about choice, taking only what we need and following directions
· In the bake shop: learn please and thank you’s as you make fondant designs and cake toppers
· In the pet shop: taking turns and respect for animals as you learn and care for them
· In the family room: kindness, sharing and forgive me’s through story times
· In the doctor's office, discuss various feelings and how to best talk about your feelings.
· In the restaurant, role play the various workers, think spontaneously and muti-task skills
There is nothing like fun on Fridays especially when your child does not realize that he/she is learning because it is so much fun!
Come join us for a FUN FRIDAY,cause when your week has been spent and you are exhausted the Playseum has just what you need.
FUN FRIDAYS focus on the basics of math through games, play, observation, investigation, and basics in the bake shop.
From cracking an egg, to rolling out dough, to using a whisk and measuring;
all such endeavors cannot be done without the basic skills of math.
· Recipes are important: make your own cookie dough from scratch
· Everything has a process: Using math create a three layered soap cupcake
· Follow directions in the bake shop: make an oreo shake or a strawberry smoothie
· Bakery Math; use icing, sprinkles and candy and test your addition, subtraction and multiplication
· Steps are neccessary: make your own scented bath bomb
· On the floor fun; board games and relays
· Grocery, restaurant role play: money encounters, counting money
· Time to go: learn how to tell time, use time and make time
Due to Covid, extra caution is given to social distancing, mask wearing, constant sanitizing of high touched areas and temperatures taken at the door of all who enter. Extra care and cleaning given between each BE TIME. Questions call 301-807-8028.